(11:37:44 AM) mattbenjamin: sjusthm, cbodley:  Casey and I think it might be
useful to have a short video call on the meet points between object and
collection handle as we did it, and the other objectstore changes; I don't know
which aspects really should port over to master, but I think it would be useful
to do a walk-through and discussion of what parts we could retarget, and
anything that we could sequence cleanly later.
(11:38:06 AM) mattbenjamin: sjusthm, cbodley: do you have a bit of time
available?

Some of the pieces we had:

1. the handle interface change itself
2. indexed slots for collection and object handles or ids (unions, iirc) in
Transaction, and efficient operations to fill slots
3. probably more flexbility than needed in that every OS could completely
redefine Collection and Object
4. lifecycle and refcounting which worked correctly
5. an Object hierarchy we actually used in our version of filestore,
w/concurrent LRU system
6. a set of changes by Casey replacing the FDRef system w/management of
objects--some of this could be useful, I don't know how it maps onto newstore
at all
7. a unification of ObjectContext and opaque Object which we were debating in
Oregon
8. thread-local caches of collections and objects above the OS interface that
appeared to be a big help in IOPs work

ok, apparently we're on for 11:00 am pst--I'll send an invite

Matt

--
Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.