On Sat, 10 Oct 2015, Haomai Wang wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 5:49 AM, Sage Weil <s...@newdream.net> wrote:
>       Hey Marcus,
>
>       On Fri, 2 Oct 2015, Marcus Watts wrote:
>       > wip-addr
>       >
>       > 1. where is it?
>       > 2. current state
>       > 3. more info
>       > 4. cheap fixes
>       > 5. in case you were wondering why?
>       >
>       > ____ 1. where is it?
>       >
>       > I've just pushed another update to wip-addr:
>       >
>       > g...@github.com:linuxbox2/linuxbox-ceph.git
>       > wip-addr
>       >
>       > ____ 2. current state
>       >
>       > This version
>       > 1/ compiles
>       > 2/ ran an extremely limited set of tests successfully
>       >       (was able to bring up ceph-mon, ceph-osd).
>       >
>       > In theory, it should do everything a recent "master" branch
>       copy of ceph
>       > can do and little or nothing past that.  Internally it adds
>       "address vector"
>       > support, some parsing/print logic, and lots of encoding rules
>       to pass them
>       > around, but there's nothing that can create and little that
>       makes any
>       > sensible use of this.  So this is just the back end encoding
>       and storage rules.
>
>       This is looking pretty good. I left some comments.  There are
>       still a few
>       XXX's left... but not many.  Haomai, can you help with the async
>       msgr one?
>       (Also, Marcus, can you check if the msg/Simple/Pipe.cc connect()
>       and
>       accept() code doing the right thing?)
>

> I have a quick view among all commits, looks a great improvement for the
> future enhancing.
>

>       One minor thing.. please put the subsystem as the prefix to the
>       commit
>       message instead of the branch name (e.g., mds: add features to
>       event
>       types).
>
>       > Phase 2 is to add logic to actually make it useful.
>       >       (the very start of this is on linuxbox2 "wip-addr-p2",
>       >       just monmap changes so far...)
>       > ____ 3. more info
>       >
>       > There's an etherpad document that describes this in more
>       detail,
>       >
>       > http://pad.ceph.com/p/wip_addr
>       >
>       > ____ 4. cheap fixes
>       >
>       > a couple of minor issues that should be easy to resolve,
>       > 1.
>       > AsyncConnection.cc
>       > this passes addresses back and forth as it's setting up the
>       connection,
> [...]

Yeah... it seems like we need the initial exchange to share the addr that
we accepted on, and then a second tag + addrvec to share the full list
after that if both sides have the new feature bit.

In any case, I think in both these cases encoding wth 0 with a FIXME
comment is fine for the time being.

sage