On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Nick Fisk wrote:
> Presentation from the performance meeting.
>
> I seem to be unable to post to Ceph-devel, so can someone please repost
> there if useful.

Copying ceph-devel.  The problem is just that your email is
HTML-formatted. If you send it in plaintext vger won't reject it.

> I will try and get a PR sorted, I realise that this change modifies the way
> the cache was originally designed but I think it provides a quick win for
> the performance increase involved. If there are plans for a better solution
> in time for the next release, then I would be really interested in working
> to that goal instead.

It's how it was intended/documented to work, so I think this falls in the
'bug fix' category.  I did a quick PR here:

        https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/6702

Does that look right?

Thanks!
sage