On 12/01/2015 03:18 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2015, Wido den Hollander wrote:

>>> Yeah, we generally want you to follow the standards in any new code. A
>>> mass update of the code style on existing code makes navigating the
>>> history a little harder so a lot of people don't like it much, though.
>>
>> Understood. But in this case I'm working in PGMonitor.cc. For just 20
>> lines of code I probably shouldn't refactor the whole file, should I?

While it annoys me finding a given commit in history that just changes
every single line to fix styling, I also recognize that this is the sort
of janitorial task that may be warranted for certain files.

As sage mentions below, this is a low-traffic file. And whenever it's
changed, is often just tiny bits here and there. That tends to add to
the style divergence rather than to convergence.

I'd say go for it. If you are indeed changing those 20 or so lines
though, please add those lines on a separate patch from the style changes.

  -Joao