On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Wuxiangwei <wuxiang...@h3c.com> wrote:

> it looks simple if everything stays as its default value. However, we do want
> to change the stripe unit size and stripe count to achieve possible higher
> performance. If so, it would be too troublesome to manually do the
> calculation every time when we want to locate a given offset(and maybe a
> certain interval). The 'cephfs map' and 'cephfs show_location' can provide
> good information as we want, but sadly not for ceph-fuse. That's why I ask
> for a similar tool.

If you are interested in writing this, you could look at
Client::get_file_stripe_address and Striper::file_to_extents.
Currently in libcephfs we expose methods for getting the OSDs relevant
to a particular file, in case something like hadoop wants to exploit
locality, but we don't expose the intermediate knowledge of the object
names.

I am curious about why you need this?

John