On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 2:06 PM EDH - Manuel Rios
<mrios...@easydatahost.com> wrote:

> Hmm change 40Gbps to 100Gbps networking.
>
> 40Gbps technology its just a bond of 4x10 Links with some latency due link
> aggregation.
> 100 Gbps and 25Gbps got less latency and Good performance. In ceph a 50% of
> the latency comes from Network commits and the other 50% from disk commits.

40G ethernet is not the same as 4x 10G bond. A bond load balances on a
per-packet (or well, per flow usually) basis. A 40G link uses all four
links even for a single packet.
100G is "just" 4x 25G

I also wouldn't agree that network and disk latency is a 50/50 split
in Ceph unless you have some NVRAM disks or something.

Even for the network speed the processing and queuing in the network
stack dominates over the serialization delay from a 40G/100G
difference (4kb at 100G is 320ns, and 800ns at 40G for the
serialization; I don't have any figures for processing times on
40/100G ethernet, but 10G fiber is at 300ns, 10G base-t at 2300
nanoseconds)

Paul