From: Martin Verges <martin.ver...@croit.io>
Date: Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 10:10 AM
To: "Anthony Brandelli (abrandel)" <abran...@cisco.com>
Cc: "ceph-users@ceph.io" <ceph-users@ceph.io>
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] EC Pools w/ RBD - IOPs

Hello,

please do not even think about using an EC pool (k=2, m=1). See other posts
here, just don't.

EC works quite well and we have a lot of users with EC based VMs often with
proxmox (rbd) oder vmware (iscsi) hypervisors.
Performance depends on the hardware and is definitely slower than replica, but
cost efficient and more then ok on most workloads. If you split generic VMs and
Databases (or similar workloads), you can save a lot of money with EC.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.ver...@croit.io<mailto:martin.ver...@croit.io>
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx

Am Do., 13. Feb. 2020 um 17:52 Uhr schrieb Anthony Brandelli (abrandel)