Hello

I have ~300TB of data in default.rgw.buckets.data k2m2 pool and I would like to move it to a new k5m2 pool.

I found instructions using cache tiering[1], but they come with a vague scary warning, and it looks like EC-EC may not even be possible [2] (is it still the case?).

Can anybody recommend a safe procedure to copy an EC pool's data to another pool with a more efficient erasure coding? Perhaps there is a tool out there that could do it?

A few days of downtime would be tolerable, if it will simplify things. Also, I have enough free space to temporarily store the k2m2 data in a replicated pool (if EC-EC tiering is not possible, but EC-replicated and replicated-EC tiering is possible).

Is there a tool or some efficient way to verify that the content of two pools is the same?

Thanks,

Vlad

[1] https://ceph.io/geen-categorie/ceph-pool-migration/
[2] http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2017-February/016109.html