Hi,

which ceph release are you using? You mention ceph-disk so your OSDs are not LVM based, I assume?

I've seen these messages a lot when testing in my virtual lab environment although I don't believe it's the cluster's fsid but the OSD's fsid that's in the error message (the OSDs have their own ID, too, take a look in /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-<ID>/fsid). When I did several re-installs of the whole cluster I had to make sure to properly wipe the disks but sometimes only a reboot did the trick. Of course, this is not an option in your situation.

If your OSDs are systemd units check for orphaned units that need to be to disabled before restarting the correct ones. Did you re-deploy some of those disks?

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Seth Duncan <seth.dunc...@bd.com>:

I had 5 of 10 osds fail on one of my nodes, after reboot the other 5 osds failed to start.

I have tried running ceph-disk activate-all and get back and error message about the cluster fsid not matching in /etc/ceph/ceph.conf

Has anyone experienced an issue such as this?

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.:
This message may constitute an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or a solicitation of interest in them. If this is such a message and you would like to opt out of receiving future advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please forward this e-mail to optoutbygr...@bd.com. [BD.v1.0]
This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.