On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 01:28:14PM +0000, Alex Hussein-Kershaw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem that old versions of S3 objects are not being deleted. Can
> anyone advise as to why? I'm using Ceph 14.2.9.
How many objects are in the bucket? If it's a lot, then you may run into
RGW's lifecycle performance limitations: listing each bucket is a very
slow operation for lifecycle prior to improvements make in later
versions (Octopus with maybe a backport to Nautilius?)

If the bucket doesn't have a lot of operations, you could try running
the 'radosgw-admin lc process' directly, with debug logging, and see
where it gets bogged down.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer