So what do you suggest for a short term solution? (I think you won't
backport it to nautilus at least about 6 month)

Changing db size is too expensive because I should buy new NVME devices
with double size and also redeploy all my OSDs.
Manual compaction will still have an impact on performance and doing it for
a month doesn't look very good!