On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:19:33AM -0500, Mark Nelson wrote:
> Thanks for the link Alwin!
>

> On intel platforms disabling C/P state transitions can have a really big
> impact on IOPS (on RHEL for instance using the network or performance
> latency tuned profile).  It would be very interesting to know if AMD EPYC
> platforms see similar benefits.  I don't have any in house, but if you
> happen to have a chance it would be an interesting addendum to your report.
Thanks for the suggestion. I indeed did a run before disabling the C/P
states in the BIOS. But unfortunately I didn't keep the results. :/

As far as I remember though, there was a visible improvement after
disabling them.

I will have a look, once I have some time to do some more benchmarks.

--
Cheers,
Alwin