Hi Jeff,

I understand the idea behind patch [1] but it breaks the operation of overlayfs
with cephfs. Should the patch be abandoned and tests be modified or should
overlayfs code be adapted to work with cephfs, if that's possible?

Either way, it'd be nice if overlayfs could work again with cephfs out of the
box without requiring users to patch and build their own kernels past 5.4+.

Regards,

Frédéric.

[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg46183.html (CCing Greg)

PS : Please forgive me if you received this message twice. My previous message
was flagged spam due to the dynamic IP address of my router that was seen in a
spam campain in the past, so I sent it again.