Hi Jesper,

It could make sens only if:

1. the metadata the client's asking for was not already cached in RAM

2. the metadata pool was hosted on very low latency devices like NVMes

3. you could make sure that each client's metadata requests would be served from PGs for which the primary OSD is local to the MDS the client's talking to which in realy life is impossible to achieve as you cannot pin cephfs trees and their related metadata objects to specific PGs.

Best regards,

Frédéric.

--
Cordialement,

Frédéric Nass

Direction du Numérique
Sous-Direction Infrastructures et Services
Université de Lorraine.