Hey Dominic,

thanks for your quick response!

On 25/06/2021 19:45, dhils...@performair.com wrote:
Christian;

Do the second site's RGW instance(s) have access to the first site's OSDs?  Is
the reverse true?

It's been a while since I set up the multi-site sync between our clusters, but I seem to
remember that, while metadata is exchanged RGW1<-->RGW2, data is exchanged
OSD1<-->RGW2.

Anyone else on the list, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

I am certain that they cannot communicate - but I am also quite certain communication only happens between the RGW.
Requiring communication between two sites' OSDs is usually not something

I also see the admin API is queried about the logs of the various shards which the API responds with HTTP 200s. But with no indication on why data is not starting to be replicated and also there is the said error.

Maybe I do lack some rados pool or did miss on preparing a data structure? But there is just no clear error about what RADOSGW is unhappy about.

Regards

Christian