Hello,

I rebooted all the 8 nodes of my Octopus 15.2.13 cluster which runs on Ubuntu
20.04 LTS with cephadm and since then cephadm see 7 nodes as unreachable as you
can see below:

[WRN] CEPHADM_HOST_CHECK_FAILED: 7 hosts fail cephadm check
    host ceph1d failed check: Can't communicate with remote host `ceph1d`,
possibly because python3 is not installed there: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    host ceph1g failed check: Can't communicate with remote host `ceph1g`,
possibly because python3 is not installed there: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    host ceph1c failed check: Can't communicate with remote host `ceph1c`,
possibly because python3 is not installed there: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    host ceph1e failed check: Can't communicate with remote host `ceph1e`,
possibly because python3 is not installed there: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    host ceph1f failed check: Can't communicate with remote host `ceph1f`,
possibly because python3 is not installed there: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    host ceph1b failed check: Can't communicate with remote host `ceph1b`,
possibly because python3 is not installed there: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    host ceph1h failed check: Failed to connect to ceph1h (ceph1h).
Please make sure that the host is reachable and accepts connections using the
cephadm SSH key

To add the cephadm SSH key to the host:
> ceph cephadm get-pub-key > ~/ceph.pub
> ssh-copy-id -f -i ~/ceph.pub root@ceph1h

To check that the host is reachable:
> ceph cephadm get-ssh-config > ssh_config
> ceph config-key get mgr/cephadm/ssh_identity_key > ~/cephadm_private_key
> chmod 0600 ~/cephadm_private_key
> ssh -F ssh_config -i ~/cephadm_private_key root@ceph1h

I checked and SSH is working and python3 is installed on all nodes.

As you can see here "ceph orch host ls" also shows nodes as offline:

# ceph orch host ls
HOST    ADDR    LABELS      STATUS
ceph1a  ceph1a  _admin mon
ceph1b  ceph1b  _admin mon  Offline
ceph1c  ceph1c  _admin mon  Offline
ceph1d  ceph1d              Offline
ceph1e  ceph1e              Offline
ceph1f  ceph1f              Offline
ceph1g  ceph1g  mds         Offline
ceph1h  ceph1h  mds         Offline

Does anyone have a clue how I can fix that? cephadm seems to be broken...

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Mabi