On 22.07.2021 13:56, Kai Stian Olstad wrote:
Hi

I have a warning that says
"1 stray daemon(s) not managed by cephadm"

What i did is the following.
I have 3 nodes that the mon should run on, but because of a bug in
16.2.4 I couldn't run on then since they are in different subnet.
But this was fixed in 16.2.5 so i upgraded without issues.

but i got a health warning
root@pech-mon-1:~# ceph health detail
HEALTH_WARN 1 stray daemon(s) not managed by cephadm
[WRN] CEPHADM_STRAY_DAEMON: 1 stray daemon(s) not managed by cephadm
stray daemon mon.pech-mds-1 on host pech-cog-1 not managed by cephadm

I think this relates to this issue
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/50272

I restart the active mgr and the other mgr become active and the stray message went away.

--
Kai Stian Olstad