On 04/10/2021 12:22, Christian Rohmann wrote:
So there is no reason those instances are still kept? How and when are those instances cleared up? Also just like for the other reporters of this issue, in my case most buckets are deleted buckets, but not all of them.

I just hope somebody with a little more insight on the mechanisms at play here joins this conversation.

apparently this is known issue https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20802, but does not cause any problems.
If I may bluntly quote Casey Bodley from our conversation on IRC:

17:20 < cbodley>  no crohmann, nothing cleans them up. https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20802 17:27 < crohmann> A thanks cbodley for the pointer. Are there any side-effects of this to expect? Storage wise it's only a few kB for the bucket.instance I                   suppose. But what happens if a user creates another bucket with the same name at some point in the future? 17:28 < cbodley> new buckets with the same name don't conflict, they generate a different bucket instance

Regards

Christian