Hi,

I'm observing following behavior on our Ceph clusters:

On Ceph cluster where I have enabled

osd_scrub_auto_repair = true

I can observe Spurious read errors warnings. On other Ceph clusters where this option is set to false I don't see this warning. But on ohter hand I have often scrub errors on Ceph clusters where this option is set to false.

Can someone explain to me what this option (osd_scrub_auto_repair) actually doing? Is it trying to rewrite bad blocks on disk also?

I also think that OSDs reported with Spurious read errors are OSDs where repairing has happend. Is it right?

And the only workaround how to deal with this warning is to restart OSD daemon. After this I never seen the same OSD daemon to be reported with Spurious read errors.

Any ideas on questions above?

Thank you