Ok, I think I've nearly got the dashboard working with SAML/Shibboleth
authentication, except for one thing:  If a user authenticates via SAML, but a
corresponding dashboard user hasn't been created, it triggers a loop where the
browser gets redirected to a nonexistent dashboard unauthorized page, then to a
nonexistent dashboard 404 page, then back to the Shibboleth authentication page
(which succeeds instantly), then back to the unauthorized page, etc.

On a fast machine and network, this loops very quickly and thrashes the
authentication server.  I haven't found a way to fix it.  It looks sort of like
a bug to me?

Any suggestions?

-----
Edward Huyer
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
Rochester Institute of Technology
Golisano 70-2373
152 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
585-475-6651
erh...@rit.edu<mailto:erh...@rit.edu>

Obligatory Legalese:
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.