> Cons of using cephadm (and thus docker):
> - You need to learn the basics of docker

If you learn only the basics, you will probably fuck up when you have some sort
of real issue with ceph. I would not recommend sticking to basics of anything
with this install, it is not like if something goes wrong you restore a vm from
a snapshot or so.

> Pros:
> + cephadm works very easy. The time you spend on learing docker will be
> easely compensated by the small time you need to learn cephadm

Incorrect, you need to learn ceph as much as in any install. If you proceed to
use ceph in a manner where you do not know what you are doing, you ‘risk’
losing your clients data.

> + Upgrading a manual installation is very tricky! Cephadm manages
> upgrades of ceph automatically. You only need to give the command (done
> it already two times).

Why is this tricky? Just read the guidelines and understand them. I would even
argue that you need to know how to update ceph manually. So you are better
prepared for what happens at stages of the update.

> + If you need to upgrade your OS, will the manual installation still
> function? With cephadm the ceph processes inside the docker containers
> experience minimal impact with the upgrade of the os (dind't do an OS
> upgrade yet, but had this issue with other applications).

If you need to use cephadm because you can't work with ceph manually, just
forget about using ceph.
(and forget about this docker, do this podman if you have to)