FIXED!

Interesting:

ceph auth caps mds.mynode mon 'profile mds' mgr 'profile mds'
mds 'allow *' osd 'allow *'

ouput:
updated caps for mds.admin-node-02

Worked!

ceph auth list

mds.mynode:
   key:
   caps: [mds] allow
   caps: [mgr] profile mds
   caps: [mon] profile mds
   caps: [osd] allow *

Thanks Eugen!

Thank you Xiubo Li! you got me going down the right road.

I am not sure why "get-or-create" did not work. I am not sure if this is
part of the cause. I created a cephfs manually before starting mds.

Currently:

ceph mds stat
cephfs:0/0 1 up:standby, 1 damaged

But I have a mds UP!

thanks
jerry

Eugen Block
> Have you tried to modify by using ‚ceph auth caps…‘ instead of
get-or-create?
> Zitat von Jerry Buburuz <jbubu...@sce.carleton.ca>:
>> Can I just:
>> ceph auth export mds.mynode -o mds.export
>> Add(editor) "caps: [mds] profile mds"
>> ceph auth import -i mds.export
>> THanks
>> jerry
>> Jerry Buburuz
>>> ceph auth list:
>>> mds.mynode
>>>         key: mykeyxxxxxxxxxx
>>>         caps: [mgr] profile mds
>>>         caps: [mon] profile mds
>>> ceph auth  get-or-create mds.mynode mon 'profile mds' mgr 'profile
mds'
>>> mds 'allow *' osd 'allow *'
>>> error:
>>> Error EINVAL: key for mds.mynode exists but cap mds does not match I
am following instructions on
>>> https://docs.ceph.com/latest/cephfs/add-remove-mds
>>> thanks