Hi Murilo,

This is briefly referred to by
https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/rados/deployment/ceph-deploy-mon/,
but in order to avoid split brain issues it's common that distributed
consensus algorithms require a strict majority in order to maintain
quorum. This is why production deployments of mons should usually be
an odd number: Adding one more mon to an odd number (to end up with an
even number) doesn't provide materially better availability.

Josh