Hi Wolfpaw, thanks for the response

- Id upgrade to Nautilus on Centos 7 before moving to EL8. We then used
> AlmaLinux Elevate to love from 7 to 8 without a reinstall. Rocky has a
> similar path I think.

Good to hear you had success with the ELevate tool, I'd looked at that but
seemed a bit risky. The tool supports Rocky so I may give it a look.

> - you will need to love those filestore OSD’s to Bluestore before hitting
> Pacific, might even be part of the Nautilus upgrade. This takes some time
> if I remember correctly.

This one is surprising since in theory Pacific still supports Filestore,
there is at least one thread on the list where someone upgraded to Pacific
and is still running some Filestore OSDs - on the other hand, there's also
a recent thread where someone ran into problems and was forced to upgrade
to Bluestore - did you experience issues yourself or was this advice you
picked up? I do ultimately want to get all my OSDs on Bluestore but was
hoping to do that after the Ceph version upgrade.

> - You may need to upgrade monitors to RocksDB too.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this  - I suppose I'll do that when I'm on
Nautilus