It seems like it maybe didn't actually do the redeploy as it should log
something saying it's actually doing it on top of the line saying it
scheduled it. To confirm, the upgrade is paused ("ceph orch upgrade status"
reports is_paused as false)? If so, maybe try doing a mgr failover ("ceph
mgr fail") and then check "ceph orch ps"  and "ceph orch device ls" a few
minutes later and look at the REFRESHED column. If any of those are giving
amounts of time farther back then when you did the failover, there's
probably something going on on the host(s) where it says it hasn't
refreshed recently that's sticking things up (you'd have to go on that host
and look for hanging cephadm commands). Lastly, you could look at the
/var/lib/ceph/<fsid>/<mds-daemon-name>/unit.run file on the hosts where the
mds daemons are deployed. The (very long) last podman/docker run line in
that file should have the image name of the image the daemon is being
deployed with. So you could use that to confirm if cephadm ever actually
tried a redeploy of the mds with the new image. You could also check the
journal logs for the mds. Cephadm reports the sytemd unit name for the
daemon as part of "cephadm ls" output if you put a copy of the cephadm
binary, un "cephadm ls" with it, grab the systemd unit name for the mds
daemon form that output, you could use that to check the journal logs which
should tell the last restart time and why it's gone down.