Den tors 30 nov. 2023 kl 17:35 skrev Francisco Arencibia Quesada <
arencibia.franci...@gmail.com>:

> Hello again guys,
>
> Can you recommend me a book that explains best practices with Ceph,
> for example is it okay to have mon,mgr, osd in the same virtual machine,

OSDs can need very much RAM during recovery, after crashes and things like
that. In such a case, it might be suboptimal to cohost other services on
that host, since those would be starved for memory if/when the OSD balloons
to huge sizes for a short while.

As for recommendations, this needs more information on what to achieve,
what budget you have, what other choices one must make (OS, virtualization
or not) and so on. There is no one single solution for "storage", not even
just within ceph.