The same issue with https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/60986 and as Robert Sander reported.

On 5/6/24 05:11, E Taka wrote:
Hi all,

we have a serious problem with CephFS. A few days ago, the CephFS file
systems became inaccessible, with the message MDS_DAMAGE: 1 mds daemon
damaged

The cephfs-journal-tool tells us: "Overall journal integrity: OK"

The usual attempts with redeploy were unfortunately not successful.

After many attempts to achieve something with the orchestrator, we set the
MDS to “failed” and provoked the creation of new MDS with “ceph fs reset”.

But this MDS crashes:
ceph-17.2.7/src/mds/MDCache.cc: In function 'void
MDCache::rejoin_send_rejoins()'
ceph-17.2.7/src/mds/MDCache.cc: 4086: FAILED ceph_assert(auth >= 0)

(The full trace is attached).

What can we do now? We are grateful for any help!