Hi,

On 5/16/24 17:44, Matthew Vernon wrote:

cephadm --image docker-registry.wikimedia.org/ceph shell

...but is there a good way to arrange for cephadm to use the already-downloaded image without having to remember to specify --image each time?

You could create a shell alias:

alias cephshell="cephadm --image docker-registry.wikimedia.org/ceph shell"

* OS reimages

We do OS upgrades by reimaging the server (which doesn't touch the storage disks); on an old-style deployment you could then use ceph-volume to re-start the OSDs and away you went; how does one do this in a cephadm cluster? [I presume involves telling cephadm to download a new image for podman to use and suchlike]

cephadm osd activate HOST

would re-activate the OSDs. Before doing maintenance on a host run

ceph orch host maintenance enter HOST

and the orchestrator will stop the OSDs and set them to noout and will
try to move other services away from the host if possible.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin