Hi,

On 5/21/24 13:39, Marcus wrote:
Thanks for your answers!
I read somewhere that a vpn would really have an impact on performance, so it was not recommended, and I found v2 protocol.
But vpn feels like the solution and you have to accept the lower speed.

Also keep in mind that clients have to be able to access all nodes of the cluster. You are not only exposing the ceph mons, but all ceph services.

Using VPN/tunnel is the minimal acceptable solution. Using a NFS/SMB gateway (and expose this gateway via tunnel/VPN + kerberos) should IMHO be a better solution security wise.

Regards,

Burkhard