I did the obnoxious task of updating ceph.conf and restarting all my osds.

ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.*.asok config get osd_op_queue
{
    "osd_op_queue": "wpq"
}

I have some spare memory on my target host/osd and increased the target
memory of that OSD to 10 Gb and restarted.  No effect observed.  In fact
mem usage on the host is stable so I don't think the change took effect
even with updating ceph.conf, restart and a direct asok config set.  target
memory value is confirmed to be set via asok config get

Nothing has helped.  I still cannot break the 21 MiB/s barrier.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

/C