Hi Greg,

I saw about the same thing on Ubuntu 13.04 as you did. I used

apt-get -y update
apt-get -y upgrade

On all my cluster nodes to upgrade from 0.61.5 to 0.61.7 and then noticed
that some of my systems did not restart all the daemons.  I tried:

stop ceph-all
start ceph-all

On those nodes, but that did not kill all the old processes on
the systems still running old daemons, so I ended up doing a:

ps auxww | grep ceph

On every node, and for any ceph process that was older then
when I upgraded, I hand killed all the ceph processes on that
node and then did a:

start ceph-all

Which seemed to fixed the issue.

Eric

I am running on Ubuntu 13.04.

There is something amiss with /etc/init.d/ceph on all of my ceph
nodes.

I was upgrading to 0.61.7 from what I *thought* was 0.61.5 today when
realized that "service ceph-all restart" wasn't actually doing
anything.
I saw nothing in /var/log/ceph.log - it just kept printing pg
statuses
- and the PIDs of the osd and mon daemons did not change. Stops
failed
as well.