From: ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com [ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] on
behalf of Shain Miley [smi...@npr.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:27 PM
To: Mark Kirkwood; de...@umiacs.umd.edu; ceph-us...@ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Radosgw and large files

Mark,

Thanks for the update.

Just an FYI I ran into an issue using the script when it turned out that the
last part of the file was exactly 0 bytes. in length.

For example:

  begin upload of root.img
  size 10737418240, 11 parts
    upload part 1 size 1073741824
    upload part 2 size 1073741824
    upload part 3 size 1073741824
    upload part 4 size 1073741824
    upload part 5 size 1073741824
    upload part 6 size 1073741824
    upload part 7 size 1073741824
    upload part 8 size 1073741824
    upload part 9 size 1073741824
    upload part 10 size 1073741824
    upload part 11 size 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/smiley/Downloads/s3-big.py", line 44, in <module>
    part.upload_part_from_file(fp = fp, part_num = n, size = size)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/boto/s3/multipart.py", line 240,
in upload_part_from_file
    query_args=query_args, size=size)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/boto/s3/key.py", line 946, in
set_contents_from_file
    'fp is at EOF. Use rewind option or seek() to data start.')
AttributeError: fp is at EOF. Use rewind option or seek() to data start.

I was testing the following file:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10737418240 Oct 29 10:36 root.img

Thanks again,

Shain

Shain Miley | Manager of Systems and Infrastructure, Digital Media |
smi...@npr.org | 202.513.3649