On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM, David Francheski (dfranche)
<dfran...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the latest Emperor Ceph release, and trying to bring up the S3
> Object Gateway.
> I have a Ceph cluster deployed on an Ubuntu 13.10 based distribution.
>
> When I attempt to create a S3 bucket using the "boto" python module, I get
> the following error:
>
> Boto.exception.S3ResponseError:   S3ResponseError:  405 Method Not Allowed
>

> (This translates into a PUT request on the apache2 server itself running on
> the gateway)
>

> I'm using the following python script from my client:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
>
> import boto
> import boto.s3.connection
> access_key = 'RATATZG7WCGGD9915ODH'
> secret_key = 'iTiKndE0oXH239BxuVPWGiuwZim7vrP2snQ01YeN'
>
> # Connect to S3 Ceph gateway
> conn = boto.connect_s3(
>         aws_access_key_id = access_key,
>         aws_secret_access_key = secret_key,
>         host = '35.4.6.150',
>         is_secure=False,               # uncomment if you are not using ssl
>         calling_format = boto.s3.connection.OrdinaryCallingFormat(),
>         )
>
> # Print connection info
> print conn
>
> # Create a S3 bucket
> bucket = conn.create_bucket('s3-ceph-bucket')
>

> Also, I'm using the following /etc/apache2/sites-available/rgw.conf file on
> the S3 object gateway:
>
> <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
>   FastCgiExternalServer /var/www/s3gw.fcgi -socket /tmp/radosgw.sock
> </IfModule>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerName radosgw.mos.com
>         ServerAdmin rgw.mos.com
>         DocumentRoot /var/www
>         <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
>                 <Directory /var/www>
>                         Options +ExecCGI
>                         AllowOverride All
>                         SetHandler fastcgi-script
>                         Order allow,deny
>                         Allow from all
>                         AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
>                 </Directory>
>         </IfModule>
>         <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>                 RewriteEngine On
>                 RewriteRule ^/([a-zA-Z0-9-_.]*)([/]?.*)
> /s3gw.fcgi?page=$1&params=$2&%{QUER
> Y_STRING} [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
>         </IfModule>
>         AllowEncodedSlashes On
>         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
>         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
>         ServerSignature Off
> </VirtualHost>

That sounds like an issue with subdomain bucket names misconfigured,
but it shouldn't be a problem with the ordinary calling format you
specified up there. My second guess would be a broken rewrite rule,
although at first glance I can't really see anything wrong with the
one you have. Can you set 'debug rgw = 20' and provide log for the
failing operation?

Yehuda