On 03/04/2014 15:51, Brian Candler wrote:
On 03/04/2014 15:42, Georgios Dimitrakakis wrote:
Hi Brian,

try disabling "requiretty" in visudo on all nodes.

There is no "requiretty" in the sudoers file, or indeed any file under /etc.

The manpage says that "requiretty" is off by default, but I suppose Ubuntu could have broken that. So just to be sure, I created /etc/sudoers.d/norequiretty with:

Defaults !requiretty

on all nodes. It doesn't make any difference.
Actually, I missed something, as I found when trying to do a local sudo:

sudo: /etc/sudoers.d/norequiretty is mode 0644, but should be 0440

But fixing that doesn't prevent the original problem.

brian@ceph-admin:~/my-cluster$ ceph-deploy install node1 node2 node3
[ceph_deploy.cli][INFO  ] Invoked (1.4.0): /usr/bin/ceph-deploy
install node1 node2 node3
[ceph_deploy.install][DEBUG ] Installing stable version emperor on
cluster ceph hosts node1 node2 node3
[ceph_deploy.install][DEBUG ] Detecting platform for host node1 ...
sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
Sorry, try again.
sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
Sorry, try again.
sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
Sorry, try again.
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
[node1][DEBUG ] connected to host: node1

Regards,

Brian.

This definitely has to do with the tty!

If you login with SSH there is no TTY present to ask for the sudo password.

For instance, I 've found these links on the net

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21659637/sudo-no-tty-present-and-no-askpass-program-specified-netbeans

http://askubuntu.com/questions/281742/sudo-no-tty-present-and-no-askpass-program-specified

both saying the same thing!

Best,