Hi Sage, all,

On 21 May 2014, at 22:02, Sage Weil <s...@inktank.com> wrote:

> * osd: allow snap trim throttling with simple delay (#6278, Sage Weil)

Do you have some advice about how to use the snap trim throttle? I saw
osd_snap_trim_sleep, which is still 0 by default. But I didn't manage to follow
the original ticket, since it started out as a question about deep scrub
contending with client IOs, but then at some point you renamed the ticket to
throttling snap trim. What exactly does snap trim do in the context of RBD
client? And can you suggest a good starting point for osd_snap_trim_sleep = … ?

Cheers, Dan

-- Dan van der Ster || Data & Storage Services || CERN IT Department --