Hi,

"ceph osd crush reweight" sets the CRUSH weight of the OSD. This
weight is an arbitrary value (generally the size of the disk in TB or
something) and controls how much data the system tries to allocate to
the OSD.

"ceph osd reweight" sets an override weight on the OSD. This value is
in the range 0 to 1, and forces CRUSH to re-place (1-weight) of the
data that would otherwise live on this drive. It does *not* change the
weights assigned to the buckets above the OSD, and is a corrective
measure in case the normal CRUSH distribution isn't working out quite
right. (For instance, if one of your OSDs is at 90% and the others are
at 50%, you could reduce this weight to try and compensate for it.)

thanks, so if I have some older osds, and I want them to receive less data/iops
than the other nodes, I would use "ceph osd crush reweight"?

Micha Krause