From: Christian Kauhaus [mailto:k...@gocept.com]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 3:35 AM
To: Aronesty, Erik; Udo Lembke; ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] How to improve performance of ceph objcect storage
cluster

Am 26.06.2014 20:05, schrieb Aronesty, Erik:
> Well, it's the same for rbd, what's your stripe count set to?  For a small
> system, it should be at least the # of nodes in your system.    As systems
> get larger, there's limited returns... I would imagine there would be some
> OSD caching advantage to keeping the number limited (IE: more requests of the
> same device = more likely the device has the next stripe unit prefetched).

I'm trying to make sure I understand this: usually you can't set the stripe
count directly, but you can set the default stripe size of RBD volumes. So in
consequence, does this mean to go with a larger RBD object size than the
default (4MiB)?

Regards

Christian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus <>< · k...@gocept.com · systems administration
gocept gmbh & co. kg · Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Germany