On 10/01/2014 11:18 AM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
All the stuff I'm aware of is part of the testing we're doing for
Giant. There is probably ongoing work in the pipeline, but the fast
dispatch, sharded work queues, and sharded internal locking structures
that Somnath has discussed all made it.

I seem to recall there was a deadlock issue or something with fast dispatch. Were we able to get that solved for Giant?

Mark

-Greg

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com> wrote:

Greg, are they going to be a part of the next stable release?

Cheers
________________________________

From: "Gregory Farnum" <g...@inktank.com>
To: "Andrei Mikhailovsky" <and...@arhont.com>
Cc: "Timur Nurlygayanov" <tnurlygaya...@mirantis.com>, "ceph-users"
<ceph-us...@ceph.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 1 October, 2014 3:04:51 PM
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Why performance of benchmarks with small blocks is
extremely small?

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:24 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
wrote:
Timur,

As far as I know, the latest master has a number of improvements for ssd
disks. If you check the mailing list discussion from a couple of weeks
back,
you can see that the latest stable firefly is not that well optimised for
ssd drives and IO is limited. However changes are being made to address
that.

I am well surprised that you can get 10K IOps as in my tests I was not
getting over 3K IOPs on the ssd disks which are capable of doing 90K IOps.

P.S. does anyone know if the ssd optimisation code will be added to the
next
maintenance release of firefly?

Not a chance. The changes enabling that improved throughput are very
invasive and sprinkled all over the OSD; they aren't the sort of thing
that one does backport or that one could put on top of a stable
release for any meaningful definition of "stable". :)
-Greg