On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Patrick Darley
<patrick.dar...@codethink.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Over the last week or so, I've been trying to connect a ceph monitor node
> running on a baserock system
> to connect to a simple 3-node ubuntu ceph cluster.
>
> The 3 node ubunutu cluster was created by following the documented Quick
> installation guide using 3 VMs running ubuntu Trusty.
>
> After the ubuntu cluster has been deployed I would then follow the
> directions below, which I derived from comparing the ceph-deploy debug
> information, the ceph documentation on adding monitor nodes to an existing
> system and the ceph documentation on bootstrapping monitor nodes.
>
>  1. scp the /etc/ceph/* from admin node
>  2. create the dir: mkdir /var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-bcc08
>  3. generate mon keyring: sudo ceph auth get mon. -o
> /var/lib/ceph/tmp/ceph-bcc08.mon.keyring
>  4. generate monmap: sudo ceph mon getmap -o /var/lib/ceph/tmp/monmap

Yeah, this is wrong. You're here giving the monitor its own keyring
which it is going to expect anybody to talk to to be encrypting with.
The docs have a section on adding monitors which should work verbatim;
if not it's a doc bug:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/add-or-rm-mons/#adding-monitors

-Greg