Hello,

One of my clusters has become busy enough (I'm looking at you, evil Window
VMs that I shall banish elsewhere soon) to experience client noticeable
performance impacts during deep scrub.
Before this I instructed all OSDs to deep scrub in parallel at Saturday
night and that finished before Sunday morning.
So for now I'll fire them off one by one to reduce the load.

Looking forward, that cluster doesn't need more space so instead of adding
more hosts and OSDs I was thinking of a cache pool instead.

I suppose that will keep the clients happy while the slow pool gets
scrubbed.
Is there anybody who tested cache pools with Firefly and compared the
performance to Giant?

For testing I'm currently playing with a single storage node and 8 SSD
backed OSDs.
Now what very much blew my mind is that a pool with a replication of 1
still does quite the impressive read orgy, clearly reading all the data in
the PGs.
Why? And what is it comparing that data with, the cosmic background
radiation?

Christian
ch...@gol.com           Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/