Hi,

i installed a Ceph Cluster with 50 OSDs on 4 Hosts and finally I am really
happy with it.

Linux and Windows VMs run really fast in KVM on the Ceph Storage.

Only my Solaris 10 guests are terribly slow on ceph rbd storage. A solaris on
Ceph Storage needs 15 Minutes to boot. When I move the Solaris Image to the old
nexenta nfs storage and start it on the same kvm host it will fly and boot in
1,5 Minutes.

I have tested ceph firefly and giant and the Problem is with both ceph versions.

The performance problem is not only with booting. The problem continues when
the server is up. EVerything is terribly slow.

So the only difference here is ceph vs. nexenta nfs storage that causes the big
performance problems.

The solaris guests have zfs root standard installation.

Does anybody have an idea or a hint what might go on here and what I should try
to make solaris 10 Guests faster on ceph storage ?

Many Thanks
  Christoph

--
Christoph Adomeit
GATWORKS GmbH

christoph.adom...@gatworks.de     Internetloesungen vom Feinsten
Fon. +49 2166 9149-32                      Fax. +49 2166 9149-10