On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, Antonio Messina wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Sage Weil <s...@newdream.net> wrote:
> > The v2 rule means you have a crush rule for erasure coding.  Do you have
> > an EC pool in your cluster?
>
> Yes indeed. I didn't know EC pool was incompatible with the current
> kernel, I only tested it with rados bench and VMs, I guess.
>
> > The tunables3 feature bit is set because you set the vary_r parameter.
>
> This I don't really know where it comes from. I think at a certain
> point I ran "ceph osd crush tunables optimal", and it probably added
> "vary_r", but then I run "ceph osd crush tunables firefly" and it
> didn't remove it... is it normal?

Yeah.  The tunable profiles are a bit confusing because they are defined
as what is *supported* in that release, not what the default is (currently
still bobtail to allow client support to catch up).  Unfortunatley it
takes time for that to happen!  To make things a bit more interesting
there's a bug in firefly that doesn't show teh vary_r tunable value in
that dump.

Anyway, sounds like you sorted it out.

Thanks!
sage