Hmm, from a quick google it appears you are not the only one who has
seen this symptom with mount.ceph.  Our mtab code appears to have
diverged a bit from the upstream util-linux repo, so it seems entirely
possible we have a bug in ours somewhere.  I've opened
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10351 to track it.

Cheers,
John