On 12/18/2014 03:52 PM, Thomas Lemarchand wrote:
> Hi Wido,
>
> I'm really interested in your script.
> Will you release it ? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested ;)

Well, it's not a general script to backup CephFS with. It's a fairly
simple Bash script I'm writing for a specific situation where the
directory layout is known:

/year/month/project

The script checks which year, month or project have changed since it
last ran. If a project changed, it fires off rsync to backup that
project to a NFS mount. This saves us scanning 2.000 projects with rsync
where we know that about 25 change every day.

The coolest thing would be if rsync could use these xattrs and become
more clever, but some code which uses libcephfs would also be nice.

So sorry, it's not something you can use on any CephFS deployment.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902