Hello Ali Shah,

we are running VMs using Opennebula with ceph as the backend. So far
with varying results: From time to time VMs are freezing, probably
panic'ing when the load is too high on the ceph storage due to rebalance
work.

We are experimenting with --osd-max-backfills 1, but it hasn't solved
the problem completly.

Cheers,

Nico

Zeeshan Ali Shah [Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 09:12:25AM +0100]:
> Has any one tried running instances over ceph i.e using ceph as backend for
> vm storage . How would you get instant migration in that case since every
> compute host will have it's own RBD . other option is to have a big rbd
> pool on head node and share it with NFS to have shared file system
>
> any idea ?
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Zeeshan Ali Shah
> System Administrator - PDC HPC
> PhD researcher (IT security)
> Kungliga Tekniska Hogskolan
> +46 8 790 9115
> http://www.pdc.kth.se/members/zashah

New PGP key: 659B 0D91 E86E 7E24 FD15  69D0 C729 21A1 293F 2D24