Hi Christian,

Have you tried to migrate the disk from the old storage (pool) to the new one?

I think it should show the same problem, but I think it'd be a much easier path to recover than the posix copy.

How full is your storage?

Maybe you can customize the crushmap, so that some OSDs are left in the bad (default) pool, and other OSDs and set for the new pool. It think (I'm yet learning ceph) that this will make different pgs for each pool, also different OSDs, may be this way you can overcome the issue.

Cheers
Eneko