> So is there any other alternative for over the WAN deployment ..
> I hava use case to connect two Swedish unversities (few hundreds km apart) .
> Target is that user from univ A can write to cluster to univ B and can read
> the data from other users .

You could have a look at OpenStack Swift: it has geo-replication.
Swift is an object store so it is not mountable like a block device (same
functionality/api as the Rados gateway).
Depending on the expected usage this could pose a problem...
Another thing to take into account is that Swift is "eventually consistent"
instead of strongly consistent.

I think Ceph is working on something similar for the Rados gateway.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen