On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 3:50 AM, Luis Periquito <periqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I remember http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9945 introducing some issues with
> running cephfs between different versions of giant/firefly.
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@lists.ceph.com/msg14257.html

Hmm, yeah, that's been fixed for a while but is still waiting to go
out in the next point release. :(

Beyond this bug, although the MDS doesn't have any new OSD
dependencies that could break things, we don't test cross-version
stuff like that at all except during upgrades. Some minimal testing on
your side should be enough to make sure it works, but if I were you
I'd try it on a test cluster first — the MDS is reporting a lot more
to the monitors in Giant and Hammer than it did in Firefly, and
everything should be good but there might be issues lurking in the
compatibility checks there.
-Greg