On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, Brian Rak wrote:
> On 2/26/2015 9:46 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
> > This is the first (and possibly final) point release for Giant.  Our focus
> > on stability fixes will be directed towards Hammer and Firefly.
> >
> Is this something that was decided beforehand?  Can we tell if a major version
> is going to be maintained or not, before upgrading to it?

We knew that giant was not going to be maintained for a long time and that
hammer was more likely going to be a long-term release.  I'm not sure how
clearly this was communicated, though--my apologies there.  For the
record: hammer will get backports for at least a year.  Infernalis most
likely will not.  J-release most likely will be another long-term release.
(This 'every other' pattern has been repeating since bobtail...).

sage