Hello,

If I understand you correctly, you're talking about the rbd cache on the
client side.

So assume that host or the cache SSD on if fail terminally.
The client thinks its sync'ed are on the permanent storage (the actual ceph
storage cluster), while they are only present locally.

So restarting that service or VM on a different host now has to deal with
likely crippling data corruption.

Regards,

Christian

ch...@gol.com           Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications